Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The Executive Financial Services helps high net worth and C-suite clients on the legal and compliance matters related to SEC regulation Rule 144 that governs trading/transactions by insiders and control stock holders. In addition to review and monitoring of trading/transactions made on behalf of these clients, the EFS business also creates and manages their 10b5-1 trading plans. Morgan Stanley is the market leader in both the overall Rule 144 business and the 10b5-1 trading plan segment thanks to the high level of services provided by experienced legal, regulatory, and trading professionals. With system enhancements done during the last couple of years, the EFS group has achieved significant control and process automation.
As part of the gap analysis related to the Solium acquisition, significant, multi-year work has been identified to bring Solium's Rule 144 process and 10b5-1 plan review, approval, and execution to the same stringent level as required by regulations and periodically reviewed by internal audit. The work planned will result in consistent process and tool sets between Morgan Stanley and Solium teams, and integration of the two platforms.
Effective communication skills and capabilities to work across platforms are required. Technical skills required are primarily building web applications using Java, servlets, and Spring Rest framework. We require candidates to possess strong analytical skills, solid grasp of various data structures and algorithms. Additionally, good understanding of relational database schema design and performance tuning is also necessary.
* The position is for a senior hands-on developer in Institutional Wealth Solutions Technology who will help build a new platform for supporting various business processes within the Executive Financial Services group.
* We are looking for an experienced Java developer focused on analysis and design, who will build and support sophisticated solutions involving web applications, integration with other systems, rules engines, and flexible reporting tools.
* The candidate should be able to take ownership for the whole end to end delivery process, performing analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of distributed applications.
* The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she will interact with other technologists across the firm, as well as with business users. This is an ideal opportunity for the right person not only to enhance their technical abilities but also to increase their knowledge of the front office of a global financial institution.
* 5 years of experience with distributed programming.
* Strong experience with web development or services development in Java 8 using Spring, CXF, JDBC, Servlets, JSP.
* Hands on experience with build tools such as Ant, Ivy, Gradle and unit testing frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
* Hands on experience with source control management systems such as GIT, Stash.
* Well versed in data structures, caching, design patterns & multi-threaded n-tier application design.
* SQL knowledge is required. Sybase/DB2 knowledge is desirable.
* Experience in iterative/agile development practice.
* Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
* Comfortable with direct interaction with other technologists as well as with business users at all levels.
* Financial background is not essential; however, ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is a pre-requisite.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.