This position will dramatically expand the Software Engineer's experience and elevate the scope of responsibilities to the enterprise level. Duties will include evaluating, analyzing, and testing emergent technologies; designing integration strategies for product teams; and facilitating the uptake of those technologies. The engineer is expected to be a major contributor to the enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and engineering efforts, being a driving force to help shape and implement the next generation of Tyler technologies.
* Evaluate industry and enterprise technologies and assist with go/no go adoption decisions.
* Develop technology implementation strategies and timelines.
* Serve as key player in enterprise architecting, engineering, and deployment solutions.
* Promote, assist, and support product development teams with technology uptake.
* Develop new application and infrastructure components from established specifications or documented requirements.
* Maintain existing systems by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
* Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
* Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
* Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
* More than 5 years of software design and development experience with conventional technologies
* Experience with data modeling tools beneficial
* Experience with web services and/or Service Oriented Architecture beneficial
* Superior communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills is a must
* Demonstrated ability for effective multi-tasking
* Ability to contribute strongly in a distributed development environment
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments.