The SQL DBA is responsible for providing advanced technical expertise in support of Tyler software products across various complex technologies, such as databases, virtualization concepts, servers, and system performance.
* Work with internal and external customers on resolving complex SQL Server and related feature issues to ensure optimal system performance.
* Formulates guidance and training of policies, procedures and standards relating to database management for both internal and client staff.
* Consult, plan, and develop recommendations specific to a client's infrastructure including long-range requirements, maintenance guidelines and protection implementation of SQL Server and related features.
* Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of SQL Server through development support and client-specific implementations.
* Monitor and analyze performance of complex system components and make recommendations.
* Develop system specifications, technical documentation, requirements, KB Articles.
* Prioritize workload and resolution to meet service level agreements.
* Analyze and resolve complex customer issues, escalating to other departments as identified.
* Participates in identifying and recommending complex technology solutions for clients.
* Work closely with development and conversion teams on issue resolution and process improvement.
* Work on complex projects either independently or as part of a team.
* Tracks and recognizes knowledge opportunities; recommends and perform additional training as needed.
* Provides training and mentors junior staff members.
* Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Duties would include: performance tuning, database capacity and utilization, and documentation based on policies, industry best practices, and customer based business requirements; performing data integrity and quality audits; overall responsible for Database Administration and Performance of client environments running SQL 2008 or higher.
* Minimum of 5 years proven experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration (SQL Server Server 2008 - 2016) best practices and the application of policies and procedures through database administration experience and/or certification, with practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases, instances, and database servers.
* Relational database administration skills (security including adding/delete/modify user accounts, basic networking, SQL, schema creation/manipulation, performance tuning, server hardware, logging, monitoring, policy creation and enforcement, Windows Server 2008 and higher) required
* Strong Knowledge of SQL high availability features (Failover Clustering, AlwaysOn Availability Groups), admin (verify normal operations, troubleshoot functionality, performance tuning) required.
* Strong analytic skills with a knowledge of analysis and design techniques for, SQL Server 2008-2016, Server Applications, and Reporting Systems required.
* Strong knowledge of operating systems, server security, server hardware, monitoring database capacity, utilization, replication, backups and disaster recovery; ability to manage SQL Servers in a clustered environment required.
* Knowledge of flow charting and spreadsheet software; knowledge of office software: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge in data mapping and of data mapping techniques and concepts required.
* Strong Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and development with SQL technologies, admin (security including adding/delete/modify user accounts, schedule and run reports, verify normal operations, troubleshoot report parameters, performance tuning) required.
* Available for occasional escalations after hours
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.