Lead Software Developer - Dallas, TX
BenefitMall is a national provider of employee benefits, payroll, HR and employer services. Working with a network of more than 20,000 Trusted Advisors, we enable small and medium sized businesses easy access to affordable quality workforce solutions including employee benefits, payroll, compliance, and HR Solutions. Our employees enjoy an inclusive company culture that helps them exceed their income by providing career growth opportunities while maximizing their talents and contributions to the organization. We also offer standard medical, dental, and vision benefits along with a casual work environment, tuition reimbursement and pet insurance.
The Lead Software Developer is responsible for assisting in the selection, development, delivery and support of new and existing applications to meet the current and future needs of the business.
* Qualified individual will develop and maintain Payroll, Benefits and HR solutions.
* Software development skills will be applied to design, execute, assess, troubleshoot, and maintain software programs throughout the project life cycle.
* Assist IT Director to maintain communication between software development teams.
* Assist IT Director in establishing timelines and prioritization of work within the software development team.
* Interaction with delivery team and clients to understand business requirements, functional specification and determine how to best leverage technology to in developing effective software solutions.
* Responsible for design, development & deployment of applications, with a high focus on performance and modularity.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, including mentoring and code reviews.
* Individual will consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
* Support production issues and tickets with timely fixes meeting the SLA's established with the business.
* Stay up to date on competing and complementary technologies
* Develop and maintain good working relationships.
* Determine when issues need to be escalated to a higher level.
* Work independently and promote cooperation in a team environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Physical requirements include sitting, frequently speaking and hearing, and occasionally standing, walking, bending, crawling, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training, and a minimum five (5) years of related work experience.
* Proven experience developing high performing and scalable applications supporting company growth.
* Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical and business problems.
* Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and the ability to have agility to manage / change priorities.
* Knowledge of latest Microsoft technologies, design patterns, unit testing, refactoring, Agile, Test Driven Development, ORM and UI Frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap, MVC Razor etc.), SOA standards, Workflow Frameworks, W3C protocols, etc.
* Expertise in .Net Framework, C#, SQL Server 2012, WCF Web Services, ASP.NET MVC 4+.
* Ability to be technically "hands on" with architecture and code.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
We are an EOE F/M/D/V
BenefitMall provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
BenefitMall is a provider of integrated payroll and employee benefit products and services.