Candidate should have wide-ranging exposure and different levels of experience with standard Unix technologies, the ability to independently prioritize different projects, and a track record of timely execution using industry best practices.
This is your chance to join a small and agile team that has proven itself by delivering high-quality products in a timely manner. You should be comfortable working in a highly visible, but collaborative environment. You should also be ready to be a hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated engineer with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment.
* Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the Liferay Cloud Platform.
* Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
* Proactively seek knowledge in order to improve your problem-solving abilities.
* Deliver solutions with high-quality standards while meeting deadlines.
* Proactively identify opportunities to improve proposed solutions, code quality and performance.
* Make high-level design choices based on your experience and all aspects of our software architecture.
* Work closely with Liferay Cloud leadership to help define the SaaS strategy and architectural design for Cloud products and its services.
* Act as a mentor and interact with team members at all levels of skill and cross-functional expertise
* Act as a trusted technical advisor and solve complex Liferay Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
* Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
* 5+ years of UNIX/Linux system administration in heterogeneous environments
* 2+ years Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, GCP (or similar)
* Experience with Unix Shell scripting
* Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins)
* Experience with networking concepts and technologies such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
* Experience with logging and monitoring systems
* Experience leveraging and managing 3rd party vendors and contractors
* Familiarity with enterprise-grade storage technologies (NFS, RAID, NAS)
* Understanding of open source server software (NGINX, Redis, Elasticsearch)
* Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies as required
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies tools
Liferay is an open source portal offering multichannel content management and collaboration solutions for enterprises.