Work in a long-term software product. Building strong foundations, without being constrained by deadlines, delivering the best possible solution and iterating then.
* Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects
* Provide technical leadership and guidance of Liferay's technologies
* Participate in projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of support
* Act as a consultant resource to Support Managers as needed
* Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
* Suggest improvements and be humble enough to allow others suggestions. Everyone can learn from everyone, no matter how brilliant you/they are.
* Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
* 5+ years of experience in technical support or programming.
* 3+ years of UNIX/Linux system administration in heterogeneous environments
* 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies like AWS, GCP (or similar)
* 2+ years working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins)
* Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
* Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, and proactive in completing responsibilities
* Good team player. You'll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
* Demonstrates expert problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues.
* Enjoys sharing their knowledge with others and helping colleagues understand complex concepts.
* Complete understanding of the Java Virtual Machine and best practices for tuning it
* Experience working with different deployment environments (OSGi, Application Servers, Databases, containers, OS, etc.)
* Experience with software engineering best practices: version control, unit testing, etc.
Liferay is an open source portal offering multichannel content management and collaboration solutions for enterprises.