Do you want to work for a global open source software company with a startup culture? Liferay is bursting at the seams with 600+ employees in 12+ countries and our Global Services team is looking for deeply technical people who enjoy working in small teams on client sites to deliver challenging, multi-faceted software projects. We're looking for the kind of person who can not only create beautiful and scalable code, but also navigate a team through the ever-changing waters of consulting projects. If that sounds like you, apply today and let's chat.
* Develop new features, customizations and enhancements to the core product during a client engagement
* Work with engagement manager and/or clients to scope work, produce estimates and help define deliverables
* Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, and implementation of Liferay's Java-based technologies
* Work directly with the customer to clarify requirements, identify risks with an accompanying mitigation strategy and obtain feedback on deliverables
* Demonstrate a deep knowledge of the platform and recommend new features and modifications drawing on experience with past clients
* Deliver projects quickly, cost-effectively, and with the highest quality
* Conduct engaging Liferay trainings for key customers
* Experience with mentoring others
* Zeal for learning + love of open source * Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
* 4-6 years of experience working in deeply technical projects on client sites
* Excellent programming and analytical skills and a solid foundation in Java and Java Servlets
* 3-5 years with Java and JEE
* 3-5 years of experience with relational databases
* Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
* Experience with tuning JVMs and application servers a plus
* Experience with the full project lifecycle, including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment
* Experience with multiple databases, and application servers including Tomcat and at least other such as JBoss, WebLogic or WebSphere
* Experience with portal development for Liferay, WebLogic or WebSphere a plus
* Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
* Ability to consistently deliver projects and customer value
* Experience working within an agile software development lifecycle with testing, continuous integration and deployment
* Ability to travel 50-75% of the time to customer sites
* Competitive compensation * 3 weeks of vacation + 5 extra paid days off to volunteer at non-profits * Health/Dental 100% covered for employees * 401K * Startup-culture * Greater-than-profit vision
Liferay is the leading provider of open source enterprise portal and social collaboration software solutions. We have experienced consistent double-digit revenue growth, have hundreds of customers, and 80,000+ people in our open source community. Our award winning Liferay Portal platform has been in development since 2000 and is recognized by Gartner for its innovation, flexibility, and completeness of feature-set. Offering a full suite of professional services around its products, Liferay works with major enterprises worldwide, including AutoZone, Benetton, Cisco Systems, Deutsche Telecom, Intuit, Lufthansa Flight Training, WorldVision, and more.
Liferay also believes in making a bigger impact in the world through business and we dedicate part of our time and profits toward non-profit organizations and social initiatives.
Competitive compensation and benefits package included.
About Liferay, Inc
Liferay is an open source portal offering multichannel content management and collaboration solutions for enterprises.