What you'll be doing...
We are looking to hire a Lead Front End Web Developer for the System of Engagement Team. The incumbent in this role is heavily relied upon to work and deliver on projects that have a high impact on revenue generation for Verizon.
* Identifying, evaluating, and driving new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of software design, APIs, and web technologies.
* Perform high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the systems life cycle.
* Validate and implement systems solutions to fulfill business requirements.
* Provide subject matter expertise illustrating in-depth application and business knowledge.
* Ensure development initiatives are aligned with organizational architectural strategy and best practices.
* Collaborate with peers from other applications to implement enterprise projects and cross-application initiatives.
* Validate the design/architecture by prototyping the proposed solutions in short timeframes. After successful validation, create detailed designs and design reviews with internal and external teams.
* Works as a team member and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise on large, highly complex projects.
* Responsible for producing a high-quality deliverable in a timely fashion.
* Evaluates develops and implements systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements.
* Ensures systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
* Proactively communicates status reports and issues to managers.
* Provide technical leadership to application onsite and offshore development team members.
* Responsible for supporting Infrastructure team for a large deployment of new applications.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in designing, architecting and developing complex multi-tier Java and J2EE applications.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience Netflix OSS, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Microservices development for Web Applications.
* Experience across the software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
* Experience in Web UI framework and development which includes Usability, Page transition, page navigation, image caching, lazy page loading.
* Experience in using UI debugging and profiling tools.
* Experience in working with high-available mission critical large scale web application.
* Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including strong working knowledge and experience in using UML and design patterns, refactoring.
* Experience with development using source code repositories - Github, GitLab, and/or Bitbucket.
* Technical Leadership and Excellent communication skills.
* Experience configuring and using front end build tools and packages managers such as NPM, YARN, and Webpack.
* Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk.
* Experience working with Telecommunications and/or contributing to open source software projects.
* AWS Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.