What you'll be doing...
This position will manage the software development life cycle for various System of Intelligence (SOI) enhanced engagements within Verizon Consumer, with a focus on our machine learning and model building teams.
The candidate will function as part of the SOI Intelligence Curation & Platform Evolution team, which is responsible for using the SOI platform to drive intelligent engagements across all customer, agent, and engagement platforms. Within that team, the SOI Machine Learning (ML) team leverages big data and insights to generate new models that predict various events within a customer's lifecycle. Those models are then reviewed and deployed within the SOI customer engagement platform to drive contextual and personalized experiences for customers in all channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Creates and maintains strategic roadmap to ensure successful implementation of technology/tools while delivering solutions that resonate with our internal and external business partners.
* Drive daily operating cadence focused on reviewing / understanding results, identifying root cause, and taking actions will also be critical within this role.
* Leverage insights from analytics and market research, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex business problems.
* Lead multiple cross-functional business teams to identify requirements / opportunities, develop associated designs, gain buy-in from stakeholders / executive groups, and ensure decisions occur in governance councils.
* Collaborate across functions and channels (marketing, IT, digital, big data teams, Oath, network ops, and Contact Center channels) to identify requirements, design, implement, and track the results of the solutions and models.
* Manages multiple projects simultaneously, interfacing with business clients, subject matter experts, and IT and internal project managers to ensure timely delivery of initiatives and status communication to all involved parties.
* Acts as a subject matter expert for PEGA Decision Hub, facilitating use case creation and migration using input from client and partner teams.
* Interfaces with data modeling teams to create new insight and input assets for use case creation.
* Deliver on strategic technological visions by defining requirements, completing detailed analysis, validation, and testing.
* Facilitates requirements gathering sessions with clients and IT technical teams to develop detailed business requirements.
* Initiates the change request process to generate and collect recommendations for proposed changes, facilitate the identification of requirements, collaborate with the Change Control Board to prioritize and fund changes and provide a framework for tracking and communicating progress to interested parties.
* Assists with deployment activities periodically by conducting post-deployment certification testing.
* Attend industry conferences, conduct research, and perform benchmarking exercises to ensure we are maintaining the highest level of performance and value.
What we're looking for...
You have the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and execution on projects and deliverables. You are a strong communicator with the ability to drive disparate groups to a consensus. You have critical thinking skills. You are a systematic thinker with the ability to understand complex architectures and the ability to clearly communicate those architectures at both a technical and executive level. You have conflict resolution skills, with the ability to find areas of agreement, brainstorm solutions, and gain consensus and alignment on solutions.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Three or more years' experience in data-driven, root cause analysis for large scale projects and/or cross-functional teams.
* Business case analysis experience with the ability to perform comprehensive financial analysis illustrating the costs, benefits and ROI of all technology / IT development work.
* Three or more years of experience in the software development lifecycle, specifically partnering directly with development teams to produce application capabilities required by the business.
* Road mapping experience with the ability to create and articulate at an enterprise-level the multi-year/generational roadmap of revenue generating technologies driven by the SOI platform.
* Experience with requirements gathering and development of detailed business requirements documents (BRD).
* Project management support experience with emphasis on requirements, testing, deployment, and support of systems.
* Omni-channel thinking and engagement creation experience.
* Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies to project manage and organize a regular cadence of sprints.
* Experience working with AI/ML data science teams to deploy enterprise scale solutions.
* Modeling experience with in-depth understanding of statistical modeling efforts and ability to translate insights into action aligning segmentation / propensity models and driving channel display/integration and messaging based on insights from analytics.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.