Job Description Summary
S&P Global Rating Services is seeking a Lead Application Developer with a strong hands-on experience in the design and development of enterprise systems, specializing in real time data loading, distribution & integration technologies. This is a hands-on position requiring strong analytical, architecture and development skills. Candidate must be a quick learner who is highly motivated and willing to tackle new technologies while being able to work collaboratively as part of a team or independently. Candidate must be able to manage a team, multiple tasks and should be able to communicate effectively with the technology teams
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
* 5 plus years of hands-on development experience in Enterprise Data Management solutions.
* Strong hands on development experience with PL/SQL development. Experience using Oracle EXADATA, enterprise data architecture and data modeling
* Strong experience in Database performance tuning, SQL loader, Unix shell scripts, Oracle CDC (Change Data Capture), database stored procedures, packages, views, tables, and triggers.
* Broad technology experience in database development, data integration, business intelligence, and web solutions.
* Strong software programming, debugging, testing and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to understand complex requirements and design patterns.
* Experience with UNIX environment.
* Experience in Application/Data Integration (i.e Java, weblogic application server, web services) or Informatica ETL tool is a plus.
* Power Builder skills a plus.
* Financial Services experience preferred.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skill
* Experiences & Qualifications:
8 plus years of J2EE software development experience, developing Java/J2EE, SOAP & REST API, Messaging solutions in a near real-time large-scale enterprise environment
* Hands on Service/API development experience with strong skills in J2EE, JMS, XML, JSON and Micro Web Services (using SOAP/REST).
* Hands on Experience using Spring, Hibernate, JTA,JPA, Apache & Tomcat servers, Caching tools, SOAP/REST Test Tools (i.e. SOAPUI, Postman)
* Experience in leading onsite/offsite teams, multitasking & coordinating across cross functional groups/multiple stakeholders.
* Hands on experience developing applications using Oracle, Performance Tuning & PL/SQL
* Development experience with DevOps tools (i.e. Jenkins, Maven)
* Development Experience with AWS and Windows infrastructure
* Good understanding of data models, data architecture & design patterns.
* Experience with ETL tools (i.e. Informatica is a plus)
* Experience with cloud computing technologies, Apache Spark, NOSQL Databases, and Big data technologies is a plus
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Financial Services experience is a plus
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.