The Role: Software Development Manager
Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 12
The Location: New York
The Team: As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of a leadership team responsible for coaching and mentoring talented software developers, working in an agile environment and guiding the detailed level Architecture for the applications that fall within the purview of this team, working in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team.
The Impact: You will directly impact and influence product delivery, team growth, culture and employee engagement. Our software evolves through continuous innovation and we are always on the lookout for new technologies that allow us to improve our products, quality, end user experience and infrastructure
What's in it for you: This is an opportunity to lead a team of developers responsible for our client facing web applications and excel add in platforms.
* Partner with product management/product owner.
* Manage and build teams off-shore
* Set & vet the architecture direction
* Identify and consolidate duplicate product functionality, infrastructure environments and teams
* Ensure development teams estimate development effort by breaking down components into work items
* Ensure resource assignment to work items and ensure deadlines are meet
* Provide software development progress reports to executive management
* Get into the user stories and code to validate engineering direction and design
* Work closely with application support to ensure escalated items are addressed accordingly
* Improve quality and stability of the platforms to customers' satisfaction
* Ensure production operations of 99.99% uptime
* Partner with infrastructure to efficiently manage the AWS environments. Implement elastic infrastructure to control costs.
* Lead technology audit compliance based on regulators
* Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
* Continually work on process improvement
* Stay current with modern software development technology
What We're Looking For:
* Experience partnering with Product Management and Product Owners in an agile SDLC
* Prior experience building platforms
* Prior development and management of cloud based software with 1,000's of users is a must
* Must come from a software development background. Prior experience as a software engineer.
* Intimate knowledge of Internet development, Java or .NET and Oracle RAC
* Management of high performance agile teams
* Management of on-shore and off-shore teams
* Management of a development team of 20+ FTEs (Dev, QA, BA, DevOps Engineers)
* Previous architecture experience with large scale cloud based software
* Experience in a regulated industry or extensive SSAE16/SOC1 experience
* Prior experience developing editorial or content systems and excel add-in is a plus
* Oracle and Marklogic databases
* Memory caching
* Java/.NET web application development
* JSON, XML, XSL, XPATH
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences
* Preferably at least 10+ years of software development experience
* Experience managing application integration projects
* Experience managing an agile SDLC, preferable SCRUM
* Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and relational data modeling
* Strong Object Oriented Design, Relational Database Design, and XML Design
* Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
* AWS and or Azure cloud certification is a plus.
* Java/.NET/AWS certification is a plus
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.