The Role: Lead I, Software Development/Engineering
Job Grade: 11 (for internal use only)
As a Senior Application Developer for the Product Analytics platform, you will take part in building out new functionalities and enhancing the same using the big data, spark and microservices stack. In addition, you will be supporting the existing applications from your team. You will also work very closely with cross-functional teams in the Market Intelligence space to build platform agnostic services based architecture based out of microservices /big data distributed applications / building applications based on machine learning. Our team currently uses these skills/tools: Java, SQL, NoSQL, Distributed Computing Platform (HDFS, Apache Spark), Akka Remoting, REST services, Git, Shell Scripting, and Python.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS in Computer Science is preferred. Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience
* At least 5+ years of hands on development in building enterprise application;
* Hands-on experience with Core Java (Collections, Concurrency, Multi-Threading, Locks), Java 8 Streams, Spring Boot, SQL and NoSQL databases, Git, Shell Scripting
* Familiarity in building microservices using Zuul, Ribbon, Hystrix is desirable.
* Experience in working with REST APIs and Cassandra is highly desirable
* Any prior experience in financial industry is a big plus
* Exposure to TDD and Agile Methodologies and working in a Scrum Team
* Akka is preferred
* Knowledge and experience in Distributed Computing Platforms like HDFS & Apache Spark are plus
* Knowledge of C++, Python, .NET, VBA are plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is the provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.