As a key member of the application development team, this individual will be responsible for leading the technical development and support for internal web applications supporting our Rating business.
* Deliver business value through application development and enhancements.
* Guide the development team through the process of design, developing, and unit testing.
* Interface with database development team, infrastructure, web developers, and other teams as needed.
* Interface and communicate effectively with business partners.
* Evaluate, assess, plan, and guide technical direction and architecture decisions.
* Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with assignments. This includes gathering and understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
* Collaborate with onsite and offsite team members effectively.
* Should independently drive and execute complex technical requirements.
* Be an enthusiastic mentor to development team.
* Be a self-starter that is also an excellent team player.
REQUIRED KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
* B.S. in computer science or information science.
* 9+ years in Java J2EE building web applications.
* 5+ years of experience with related frameworks and technologies (Hibernate, Restful services Spring JDBC, MVC, JQuery, Ext-JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, HTML5, CSS etc.)
* 4+ years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures preferably in Oracle database.
* 2+ years of experience with Web application development AngularJS, Angular 2. 0 or 4.0.
* Experience with modern development using Python.
* Experience with Web logic, Tomcat to include installation, configuration, trouble-shooting.
* Experience with API management and Could-based platforms and services (AWS, Google).
* Working knowledge of Dev-Ops: GitHub, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
* Proficiency on AWS and related services like S3, EC2, RDS, ELB etc.
* Understanding of Test Driven Development practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing.
* Strong Analytical Skills.
* Experience Architecting and developing large scale Enterprise applications.
* Experienced in agile development methodology.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.