At Insider Inc. our Test Engineering team is a passionate, collaborative group who build tools to help identify and resolve issues that arise throughout the development cycle. With a key focus on automation, we continually strive to improve our delivery processes across the entire engineering department. We are looking for talented Test Engineers to help us develop and maintain our automation framework, automated tests and unit tests, to provide the utmost confidence in the execution of the software we deliver.
Do you believe that automated testing is an inseparable part of ensuring the quality of software products?
Do you love implementing testing techniques that leverage cutting-edge technologies?
Do you believe that building effective tools for managing repetitive tasks is the hallmark of good engineering practices?
If so, come join us at Insider Inc. where we strive to get better everyday! Check out the requirements below and see if it's a good fit:
Who you are:
* Invested in being part of a highly functioning team that is building services for internal and external clients
* 3 to 7 years of experience in the Test Engineering field with a strong working knowledge of APIs, microservices, and angular applications
* Highly effective communicator and proactive in working towards solutions
* Invested in creating scalable solutions at both a technical and at a process level by partnering with team members
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
* Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence
What you would do:
* Partner with team leads and provide recommendations on how to decrease efforts in manual testing and be an advocate for automation
* Participate in the team's Agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, and sprint planning
* Hold team members to a higher standard by ensuring testing and acceptance criteria are met for features
* Identify and track defects across various environments and alert team members of such defects
* Become a subject matter expert for your applications and share that knowledge with members of the quality engineering team
* Partner with engineering to build in solutions that promote TDD
* Identify and solve for issues around release management by partnering with members of the engineering organization
* Increase transparency into the successes as well as the challenges within the test engineering team
* Working knowledge of GitFlow or GitHubFlow
* Working knowledge of Espresso
* Previous experience in media
* TDD (Test Driven Development)
* Previous hands on engineering experience
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.