The Project Manager is a connector that brings together contributors and stakeholders. They are responsible for the overall project delivery and work with those involved in the project from conception to completion. They also build relationships, trust, and come up with creative solutions to increase collaboration and transparency in the organization.
As a Project Manager at Insider Inc., you have an awesome, unique opportunity to help support and guide teams building the next generation of international media products. You'll help team members in planning and delivering incremental value that contribute to our overall product strategy.
What you would do:
* Guide the engineering, product and DevOps teams through the full software development lifecycle from concept to launch, including estimation, dependency management, timeline creation, and documentation
* Focus on execution and shepherding projects to completion while maintaining accountability and quality
* Develop metrics to measure teams and projects using our Atlassian tools, Google Analytics, and internal DevOps tools
* Organize and facilitate project check-in meetings, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
* Be a problem solver and provide guidance when teams are blocked
* Identify and manage cross-team dependencies internal and external to the technology group
* Partner with program management to improve decision-making on resource and team allocation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, including driving consensus and alignment
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
* Experience in working with web technologies in a digital media organization
* Passion for growth, learning, self-improvement, and self-reflection
* High Emotional Intelligence
* Experience in using project and task management software such as JIRA
* 3-5 years of project management experience
* You have a technical background preferably in the media industry
* You care deeply about the role of journalism in the public discourse
* You are a CSM or PMP certified
* You either actively enjoy or can tolerate puns
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.