What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking to hire an experienced Java Software Engineer
* Understand new technologies and evaluate its suitability to existing systems.
* Software feature design, development, testing, and support
* Identify holes in product functionalities; work with rest of the team to improve the product
* Troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as in a team
* Reviewing and analyzing product requirements and developing feature specifications.
* Creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Delivering projects on time in a fast-paced agile environment.
* Assuming accountability for project results.
* Evaluating and implementing technologies that improve efficiency, performance, and reliability.
* Collaborating with other engineers to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
* Four or more years of experience in software development and Java technologies.
* Applied experience with any of the following platforms and technologies:
* Java: Spring, Kafka, Spark, NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra).
* Maven, JUnit, Jenkins/Bamboo.
* Fundamentals of software development.
* TCP/IP networking and general mobile communications, theories, and practices.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Agile and Scrum, as well as the general software lifecycle.
* Programming and architecture experience with NOSQL/MapReduce technologies and/or Docker/Container technologies.
* Experience building reliable systems at scale.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.