What you'll be doing...
We need to keep our reliable network thriving to be able to provide our customers with ground breaking technology. You will be a key member of the IP Media Subsystem (IMS) network planning team, leading the evolution effort of our network toward VoLTE/IMS and various VoLTE initiatives.Leading the architecture evolution and planning effort of IMS voice-core infrastructure and application platforms, as well as working on new access technologies will be key aspects of the role. As a subject matter expert, you will also provide technical leadership and provide direction to vendors and internal organizations.
* Working with equipment vendors to develop requirements, features, methods, and tools to support development and deployment efforts.
* Working with cross-functional team including Maintenance Engineering, PDI, and Area Planners on network initiatives and feature development projects.
* Developing planning, engineering, and implementation guidelines, and providing direction for platform evolution.
* Researching and evaluating new technologies and translating business objectives and strategies into plans. Conducting feasibility analysis and vendor evaluation, developing project plans, driving IoT, managing contract/vendors, leading HLD effort, and supporting deployment.
What we're looking for...
You're a subject matter expert in wireless network infrastructure and thrive on learning and developing new approaches to make systems more reliable. You have exceptional interpersonal and negotiating skills and are a skilled communicator, both orally and in writing. As a self-starter, you work well independently, completing projects with minimal oversight. Working in a team environment is also personally rewarding - you enjoy the opportunity to motivate and inspire your colleagues to achieve great results. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you are well organized and juggle competing priorities with ease, never missing a deadline.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Working knowledge in wireless technologies and protocols including SIP or RTP or SCP or SS7 or AIN or EVDO or CDMA or LTE or IMS or RCS or WebRTC or Mobile IP or circuit switching or VoIP architecture.
* Experience in IMS network planning or deployment or cloud-computing/virtualization technologies.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline.
* Experience in documenting call flows, developing interface specification, calculating system and transport forecasts, and performing capacity analysis.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.