What you'll be doing...
The Principal Security Engineer is primarily responsible for the engineering, management, and performance of the SIEM platform, but also other security platforms supporting the managed security services infrastructure in our Government Network Operations and Security Center (GNOSC). This role works closely with the Security Operations Center (SOC) 24x7 team as an escalation point for complex SIEM and threat investigation analysis, complex changes, analytics tuning/review, and incident resolution on security devices. Change management responsibilities include reviewing/defining requirements, designing, documenting, and implementing changes in accordance with Verizon and customer security standards. The GNOSC is a Public Sector customer service assurance-focused team operating Managed Security Services in an ISO / ITIL environment with strong adherence to process.
The Principal SecurityEngineer is expected to work as a lead member of our GNOSC security team, acting as a trusted advisor to our public sector customers in security and able to communicate effectively and intelligently via phone, email, or ticket escalations. This role requires a solid understanding of security and networking and the ability to troubleshoot complex environments.
* Advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events. Tuning SIEM platforms and reducing benign analysis based on feedback/policy.
* Incident response and management through complex troubleshooting of security devices/solutions including steps to minimize the impact and follow-on technical and forensic investigation to discover origin of breach and the extent of the damage
* Review threat analysis of customer networks and systems to find exploitable weaknesses and plan vulnerability remediation and protection. Plan and implement security patching, signature updates, code upgrades, and audit response to POA&Ms
* Provide log, network, malware, anddevice analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
* Support installation and maintenance of network and security devices, including firewalls, data encryption, and IDS/IPS to ensure proper logging and analytical reporting
* Work with peers to design, engineer, document and implement change requests in security devices
* Training peers
* Briefing customers and other Verizon organizations outside operations
* Provisioning customers on the infrastructure as needed to meet business requirements
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Six or more years of as a SIEM Enigneer with experience in Splunk, RSA, Palo Alto, or Demisto, QRadar
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or related discipline
* ITIL Foundations Certification
* Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Ability to identify, communicate, and remediate gaps in processes
* Ability to work and excel within a team environment
* Experience with several of the following security devices/platforms:
* Cisco/Juniper/CheckPoint/Palo Alto Firewalls; IPS/IDS
* Demisto, Splunk, QRadar, RSA Security Analytic
* A10, FireEye, FirePower
* Bluecoat, Tripwire
* Active security certification in one or more of the following: CCSE, CISSP, CCSP, JNCIP, CCNA Security, Security +, CCNP Security
* UNIX/Linux command line experience
* Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government issued security clearance or active security clearance
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.