Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
* Work in conjunction with the Datacenter Shift Manager in the running of the 24x7 global datacenter.
* Monitor all batch flow processing and insure completion in a timely fashion. Identify delays or bottlenecks using proprietary and vendor tools and resolve or escalate accordingly.
* Level 1 and Level 2 support and resolution for all batch abends.
* Track incoming and outgoing transmissions ensuring they meet deadlines, escalating to appropriate vendors and Datacenter management when necessary.
* Monitor real time performance of the computing environment utilizing automated solutions, 3rd party monitoring software and in-house proprietary tools.
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled system shutdown and startup (IPL) utilizing the Hardware Management Console (HMC); perform environmental verifications after IPL is complete.
* Perform and verify system configuration changes as specified during weekend maintenance / shutdown periods.
* Communication, both written and oral: ability to communicate effectively with senior Business Unit and IT managers as well as across the various technical teams throughout the Firm. Ability to lead and facilitate global conference calls relating to problem triage, acting as the primary focal point of escalation.
* Analytical skills: ability to "connect the dots", showing a keen understanding of how problems and issues in one area could potentially impact others. Ability to analyze process and procedure, identifying weaknesses or deficiencies, and to implement improvements.
* Organizational skills: ability to prioritize team assignments and workflow, ensuring that Data Center services are performed to the highest standard.
* Client Focus: ability to build strong relationships through quality of work and thought leadership; to understand and manage clients? expectations.
* Self-motivation: ability to anticipate the needs of the department and clients, and to drive the process of delivering solutions.
* Team Player: ability to build effective relationships across departments and levels.
* Technical Skills: prior experience with IBM mainframe systems is a plus; however not a requirement; technical skills training will be provided.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.