Costco team is looking for a dedicated and experienced developer to join its development team. S/he will participate in and lead design sessions, and code new features for various projects to support and expand Costco's international
E-Commerce platform. The right candidate will be asked to play the role of development lead on projects, to ensure the delivery of high quality artifacts, and to adhere and follow Costco's SDLC. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a
global B2B E-Commerce application for a well-known Fortune 50 company.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Develops features for a global E-Commerce website.
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
* Provides accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
* Designs and develops relational database applications.
* Documents and executes unit and integration tests.
* Defines and implements standards and best practices for software development.
* Participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
* Supports the needs and requirements of other I.S. departments.
* Provides 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum 4 years' experience developing in a distributed application environment.
* Minimum 1 years' experience as a development lead on major projects.
* Must have working knowledge of Java, EJB, JMS, JSP, Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
* Experience programming in one major database: DB2, MS SQL, or Oracle.
* Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts and applied UML experience.
* Must have experience leading at least one project through a formal software development lifecycle.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to work with all management levels.
* Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
* Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
* Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
* Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
* Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Experience programming with J2EE development stack, preferably on IBM WebSphere Commerce platform.
* Experience programming in DB2 and/or MS SQL Server is highly desirable.
* Knowledge and experience with IBM development tools preferred.
* Previous e-Commerce experience preferred.
* Previous experience working in a Service Oriented (SOA) environment preferred.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.