The SAP Supply Chain Architect will demonstrate strong architectural, leadership and technical skills, with an extensive experience base in SAP applications and technologies from which to draw. In conjunction with the SAP Global Program Office Director, Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architects, the architect(s) will be responsible to provide the leadership, oversight and guidance on a diverse and expanding SAP Supply Chain solution. The SAP Architect should have creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility, and self-confidence as well as have strong communication and negotiation skills. You will help drive the SAP technical and functional strategy, collaborate with SAP on future direction and communicate and coordinate with Costco business users of SAP technologies. This individual's immediate focus will be on SAP S4 solutions as well as EWM, TM, and YL. This individual will help the team in refining the Costco SAP architecture footprint, work with Enterprise Architecture and the Program Office to develop Costco's SAP Supply Chain roadmaps and work with Solution Architects and project teams to realize the roadmaps.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for SAP Supply Chain architectures for specific projects.
* Be a go-to person for SAP technical capabilities.
* Participates in global governance of Costco's SAP landscape.
* Provides guidance on how to leverage SAP based technologies to create the most effective solutions.
* Definition of standards for SAP landscape diagrams, SAP interfaces, SAP Authorizations and SAP Development.
* Partners with other architects, vendors, business and technical teams to understand SAP system needs and translate into capability and platform roadmaps, while working with teams to see that roadmaps are realized.
* Provides consulting on solutions, including how to leverage standard SAP functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs.
* Works with the Common IT Services teams on topics such as capacity planning, defining SLA measurements, monitoring, etc.
* Participates in the creation and enablement of SAP Competency Center (SCC) standards, best practices, governance, and patterns for SCC Staff.
* Ensures consistency of design with Costco's defined architectural vision/strategies.
* Provides mentoring and coaching to SAP Competency Center staff.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at you assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent or appropriate business experience that shows equivalent talent.
* 7+ years of SAP Supply Chain experience with at least 4 years in an architect role, preferably with S4 experience.
* Experience in full lifecycle implementations/roll outs from new installs & configuration thru go-live & upgrades.
* In depth knowledge of how SAP software and technologies function and experience supporting same.
* Proven ability to provide technical direction for complex SAP systems issues.
* Ability to develop and communicate technical SAP strategies and roadmaps.
* Experience in developing technical roadmaps defining the rollout, migration and upgrades to SAP technologies.
* Required experience with SAP ECC 6.0 or S4 Supply Chain capabilities.
* Experience developing solutions for highly integrated, high volume, high speed applications.
* Experience supporting complex system builds and support operations.
* Ability to research/troubleshoot complex system performance and stability issues.
* Ability to mentor/coach other Costco architects on SAP technologies, implementation programs and support operations.
* Experience with S4 preferred.
* Understanding of the SAP Retail reference architecture and future roadmap.
* Experience in SAP System Performance tuning, root cause analysis & resolution.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.