IT Security Lead
Req #: 217610
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
We are seeking a qualified IT Security Lead who will contribute to one of our government partners ongoing success. This is an opportunity to work with best-in-class technical and business teams in a rapidly evolving government agency. This position requires strong technical leadership skills plus an instinctive, problem-solving mentality.
The IT Security Lead will be responsible for day-to-day operations of IT Security team; As lead, you will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, security, availability and compliance of all of the agency's information systems. You will work hand-in-hand with the rest of your team to ensure all security incidents are handled swiftly and satisfactorily. You will also work with the other Tech leads and the PM to design security enhancements and modernization.
* Lead an IT Security team focused on daily security monitoring, compliance, incident response.
* Works with PM, tech leads, and stakeholders to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risk
* Ensure PII data handling compliance and response across the agency
* Validates baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking, and the rest of the agency's IT infrastructure
* Provide technical leadership in the area of IT security, including security modernization, enhancements, automation, etc.
* Support operations team regarding security incident escalations for urgent support; Interface with customers when appropriate during events and post-mortem;
* Design and implement security process improvements using ITIL
* Works closely with business units to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments
* Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge regarding the infrastructure and security landscape of the agency to achieve security modernization and functionality requirements; and
* Coordinate with Cloud, Modernization, and Infrastructure Leads in the strategic development of technology initiatives to identify infrastructure, product, and system enhancements which may improve security reliability, efficiency, and innovation, as well as customer satisfaction; Ensure that said enhancements meet any and all internal security controls
* Bachelor's Degree or higher strongly preferred in Computer Science or a related discipline and typically eight to ten years of experience;
* Considerable experience leading a security incident response team
* Experience with securing virtualization environments utilizing software such as VMWare ESX;
* Significant experience in securing hybrid cloud environments including Azure, Office 365, etc. AWS a plus
* Solid security administration experience with environments including server operating systems such as Windows Server, UNIX;
* Experience related to all levels of network security in an environment utilizing various networking technologies including Cisco, etc.
* Security Management Certifications: CISSP, CISM, etc. a plus
* Knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, etc. is preferred.
* Demonstrated experience working in a 24/7 production support environment.
* A Public Trust clearance is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years related experience. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.