Software Developer III
Req #: 215618
Location: Mclean, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
What You'll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for a Software Developer with experience defining, designing and implementing solutions to customer problems using modern technology stack components. You'll apply knowledge of software development best practices in delivering a system built on modern technologies. An understanding of best practices and modern coding techniques and Engineering Standards is required. Extensive experience in implementing databases, user interfaces, or business logic and workflows, including interfaces to external systems is required. The Software Developer will report to the Lead Engineer and Software Architect and be a key player on a team implementing an open and flexible architecture, along with accompanying mission applications, from concept to production. After completion of the requirements phase, the Software Developer will leverage their web development and database experience to design, implement and deploy and deliver the finished solution. This project will provide many opportunities to be exposed to many high-demand skill areas including data analytics, Machine Learning, and Cloud Computing. The Software Developer will be a member of an agile development team based primarily in Mclean, VA, reporting to team leadership in Charlottesville, VA
More About the Role:
* Implement prototypes and investigate best design approaches to in-development requirements in a fluid, flexible, responsive environment. Be ready to pivot and innovate
* Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions via evolution of introductory through near-complete solution prototypes
* Design, develop, and implement web-enabled applications using a variety of modern technologies
* Produce artifacts detailing the software design, potentially including UML or SysML-style diagrams
* Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and API's to rapidly develop basic application solutions
* Adapt commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
* Work in a collaborative, agile team environment
* Be willing to work in new, and potentially uncomfortable frameworks and methods; be flexible and open to both formal and informal methods; be willing to offer and then validate your recommendations with science, math, case studies, standards body recommendations, or academic proofs; no technology evangelists or unsupported declarations
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active SECRET clearance or higher
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Strong customer service skills and customer relationship management experience
* Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
* Basic experience with UML / SysML or some basic design modelling experience, & the ability to create informal design artifacts
* Experience with database design techniques and philosophies
* Ability to learn at a fast pace and be able to rapidly learn and leverage third-party tools, SDKs, and APIs
* Excellent organization, communication and writing skills, and can express yourself in technical discussion via strategy, implementation and design of application environments
* Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others when necessary
* Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and greater than 4 years of related work experience.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Familiarity with some or all of the following: JIRA, Subversion, USG IA development and security standards.
* Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.
* TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph sponsorship possible
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.