Massachusetts Department of Public Health
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government, comprised of 16 agencies with over 20,000 employees statewide. EOHHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth - some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EOHHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is seeking to hire an IT Operations Regional Supervisor to join our IT operations team at our Quincy location. The IT Operations group provides IT support for 16 EOHHS agencies; 10 of the 16 EOHHS agencies are in the southeast region location. The IT Operations team receives approximately 100-125 CA service desk tickets such as incidents, change workflow and change orders. The IT Operations Regional Supervisor will be mainly responsible in managing and supervising three IT desktop support technicians and conducting staff evaluations. The IT Operations Regional Supervisor will also be monitoring and assigning various CA service desk tickets, while assuring that these requests are completed within a reasonable timeframe. The IT Operations Regional Supervisor should be able to provide strong customer service and provide operational support for assigned sites.
The primary work location for this role will be at 100 Hancock Street Quincy, Massachusetts 02171. The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 4PM. *Schedules are subject to change based on the operational needs of the business.
* Exercises direct supervision, assigns work to, and reviews the performance of assigned staff.
* Insure staff are kept well-informed of all changes within the EOHHS organization.
* Implement Office standards related to the overall management and productivity of the office.
* Ensure that asset management and hardware inventory standards are adhered to.
* Manage time, equipment and staff requirements for current and proposed projects.
* Assures that all business is conducted in a professional and cooperative manner.
* Dispatch staff when needed and ensuring all staff assigned sites have appropriate coverage.
* Assist in scheduling stages of hardware upgrades and installations.
* Evaluate requests for procurement and initiating the procurement process for EOHHS.
* Respond to user requests for additional equipment or services.
* Supplies supervision to staff for all Office moves, adds, and changes of staff and equipment as required.
* Provide direction on objectives and priorities for new projects/tasks.
* Monitor deadlines and deadline changes for new and established work.
* Evaluate the feasibility of adapting new methods to enhance customer satisfaction.
* Recommend hardware/software replacements or upgrades to meet current and future requirements.
* Attend meetings relative to IT involvement for Site activities.
* Direct staff in the resolution of complex problems across multiple agencies.
* Ability to perform all Desktop and Server Support tasks on a proficient level.
* Responsible for occasional off hour/weekend work as approved & required to meet IT goals and deadlines.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* At least 5 years of hands-on operation networking experience with 3 years of experience in a managerial role.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Desktop & Server operating systems preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system and call queue.
* State government experience is highly desirable.
* Working knowledge for the following skillsets:
* Active Directory
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Local Area Networks (physical and logical)
* Capabilities and limitations of computer hardware, Servers, PCs, Laptops, Printers & Peripherals
* IT industry standards
* Basic security measures and requirements
* Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written with peers and management.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all EOHHS activities
* Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as needed to accomplish the responsibilities of the position
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to lead and work in a fast-paced team environment.
Education and Certifications:
* A , Network , or other IT industry standard certifications desirable.
* Microsoft Windows certifications: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.