Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government, comprised of 16 agencies with over 20,000 employees statewide. EOHHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth - some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EOHHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
MassHealth is Massachusetts' Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). MassHealth program provide health benefits and help paying for them to qualifying children, families, seniors, and people with disabilities living in Massachusetts.
We are seeking to hire a driven Data Warehouse Analytics Lead who will provide technical leadership and vision across the data warehouse while working with multiple stakeholder groups. They will provide guidance to technical teams regarding design, development and implementation for a portfolio of projects related to data analysis and visualization and serve as a back-up to the MassHealth Data Warehouse Director.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manage relationships between IT and business owners
* Manages the relationship with business teams, consulting on the most effective utilization of technology and proactively managing expectations.
* Performs the role of IT Project Owner or IT Project Manager, as required for projects.
* Participates in budgeting and capital planning processes
* Drives quality improvement activities for the organization as needed
* Coaches and mentors team members and works with team members on their development and training plans
* Manage and oversee 1-2 functional teams within the Data Warehouse
Required skills, knowledge & abilities:
* At least 5 years of professional experience in a healthcare data analytical and/or data warehouse position with two years increasing leadership responsibilities.
* Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing Principles (Oracle SQL, ETL, Data Modeling or Data Profiling) architectures and techniques.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with analytical tools such as SAS, R, Tableau, etc. as well as SQL and data manipulation. Excel and ppt.
* Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and business intelligence environment.
* Possess creativity and innovation skills, demonstrate the ability compare and analyze different tools and technologies, and make appropriate recommendations.
* Continuous learner and flexibility for adapting and adjusting strategies and/or operations in fast-changing environment
* IT Project Management Experience
* Outstanding analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to present analytics to a wide range of constituents in a relatable and understandable manner.
* Ability to build and maintain successful teams and business relationships, strong influencing skills.
* Demonstrated experience and success in supervising IT/Technical work groups to include budgeting, strategic planning, technical direction, and staff coaching/mentoring.
* Demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex solutions.
* Strong analytic skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and problem solve along with the ability to make recommendations based on analysis.
* Training experience in an IT setting
Education and Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
* 75% state paid medical insurance premium
* Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
* Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
* Low cost basic and optional life insurance
* Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
* 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
* Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
* Long-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
* Incentive-based Wellness Programs
* Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
* Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired.
For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants."
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
For questions, please contact the CYF Office of Human Resources at
1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.