Massachusetts Department of Public Health
About The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security:
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is the state's lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including: network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and, modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Executive Office of Technology and Security Services provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools to customers and constituents when and where they need them.
Our IT End User Support team is looking to hire a customer focused and detail-oriented Service Desk Analyst that will handle the processing of tier 1 desktop and infrastructure support calls and tickets. This includes the responsibility of creating, troubleshooting, escalating and following-up on incidents and service requests received by phone, email, chat or self-service portal within the IT Management System. You will be the first point of contact for Commonwealth End Users and IT partners who are seeking technical assistance within the End User Support Contact Center. The Service Desk Analyst will provide high quality customer service and problem resolution to all customers. If the Service Desk Analyst is unable to resolve a reported incident or request, they will determine the priority, type and magnitude of each issue to categorize and escalate support, as needed. The Service Desk Analyst will effectively collaborate and communicate with other Service Desk Team members, internal and external IT support groups and EOTSS Management to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Lastly, the Service Desk Analyst is responsible for any special IT related projects that are assigned by Service Desk Supervisor.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reset application, network and mainframe passwords as defined in the Knowledge Base documentation.
* Adhere to all Service Desk staff schedules and shifts to ensure operational coverage and productivity.
* Follow-up on any assigned tickets pending resolution and communicate the status to customers within defined Service Level Agreements.
* Ensure all unassigned tickets and projects are assigned and processed within defined Service Level Agreements.
* Communicate and work regularly with other functional groups to ensure all tickets and escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Adhere to and meet all Service Desk policies and procedures.
* Adhere to and meet all Service Desk Service Level Agreements (SLA's), Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Quality Review Standards.
* Meet all objectives as outlined in the EPRS (Employee Performance Review System).
* Attend and participate in all required staff meetings and training courses.
* Identify, recommend and assist with staff training programs, user guides and knowledge documents.
* Report the need for any system or workflow enhancements (minor or significant) based on issues or trends, as needed.
* At least 2-3 years of professional experience working in a technical Service Desk or call center environment.
* Proven experience handling tier 1 level technical desktop and infrastructure support.
* Proven track record of performing high level technical problem resolution.
* Understanding of the components of a wide area network and a local area network and how they interact.
* Understanding the components of a PC and laptop and the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of problems.
* Understanding of a computer virus, the various ways they may propagate, and the implications of a virus attack.
* Understanding of mainframe application environments and communication protocols.
* Understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques.
* Knowledge of the technical infrastructure, applications and support that is required for the various supported agencies.
* Proven analytical and technical problem-solving abilities.
* Experience working with an incident management ticket tracking system and/or ACD call center tracking system.
* Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and O365 products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Skype, SharePoint and OneDrive.
* Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to work independently in a team-oriented, collaborative and ever-changing technical environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Education and Certifications:
* Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA certification.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in electronic data processing, of which (B) at least one year must have been in work in which the major duties included computer systems analysis, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer and/or information science may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required (A) experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a two year full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or vocational/technical school above the high school level with a major in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
IV. An official transcript from a recognized business or vocational/ technical school as evidence of completion of a program consisting of at least 650 hours of instruction in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.
V. Graduation from the data processing course of a recognized vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.
* Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the one year of the required (B) experience.
Special Requirements: None
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.