This position is responsible for monitoring and assessing potential issues relating to critical IT applications, systems and devices. The IT Operations Monitoring Analyst will monitor all incoming alerts using various tools and perform actions based on predefined instructions. This position includes performing 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting, manual alert correlation, and resolving issues as required.
The successful candidate must understand how different types of Costco systems integrate together and be able to pinpoint where the actual issue is occurring. The IT Operations Monitoring Analyst must also be able to determine which issues are false positives and document/work with other teams to get these types of alerts suppressed.
* Pay based on experience.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in the ongoing process of investigating, troubleshooting, and providing resolution to technical issues in a 24x7x365 environment.
* Quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the eCommerce environment and how they impact employees or members.
* Stays informed of production changes that could affect functionality and alerting.
* Ability to coordinate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all issues.
* Accurately troubleshoots, reproduces, and documents issues and other pertinent information in Incident or Problem tickets.
* Contacts Costco warehouses, depots, and other buildings in order to troubleshoot power outages and device issues.
* Creates and maintains knowledge base article content.
* Documents all problems and issues encountered during the shift and prepare shift turnover document.
* Handles incident queue and perform various tasks as assigned and determines business impact based according to ITIL Incident Management guidelines.
* Handles ad hoc requests and take on new procedures as required.
* Creates and maintains reports, team automation and misc. scripts.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Superior written and oral communications, including technical writing, phone etiquette, and customer service skills.
* Ability to work a variety of different shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays to support a 24X7X365 environment. Shifts may fluctuate to meet business and staffing needs.
* Advanced skills in troubleshooting and analysis of network, applications, systems, and device issues.
* Ability to work independently in an intense and dynamic work environment and as a team player shows initiative and has a strong desire to share knowledge with others.
* 1+ years' experience working on an operations style team (NOC, SOC, etc.) and troubleshooting networking, service desk, operations center and/or supporting large eCommerce and SAP environments.
* Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work; able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* 2-3 years' experience with ITIL processes including: Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Event Management.
* Process-oriented; understands the organizational benefits of processes and the need for compliance.
* Able to communicate technical jargon to those that are not technical in a way that is understandable.
* Suggest or implement improvements to team processes and procedures.
* Mentor or train coworkers on new procedures.
* When working on projects, identify and track project issues and dependencies, ensure follow-through, and appropriate actions are taken to complete project on time.
* Degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field) or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Experience with AIX, Windows, Linux, HTTP, web services, networking, Java-based applications, and large eCommerce platforms.
* Basic understanding of the following monitoring: Application health, system availability, latency, performance, and end-to-end monitoring.
* Previous experience monitoring and troubleshooting critical systems.
* Working knowledge of supportive software including: Dynatrace, Tivoli, synthetic scripts, Sitescope, FireEye, McAfee EPO, SCOM, NNM, SPLUNK, ServiceNow, and OMi event manager.
* Project Management experience (Agile preferred).
* ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.