Responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of Store Field Service solutions to address current and future business needs. Responsible for managing vendor agreements, vendor services, coordinating the deployment of projects and production support related activities. A highly visible role directly interfacing with IT executives.
* Defines, develops and maintains strategic and tactical plans, negotiates projects, services and contracts with hardware partners, service providers and consulting firms. Participates in strategic planning and annual budgeting process. Provide technology consultancy for infrastructure planning. Manager of a "portfolio" of work.
* With business or IT partner support, manages competing demands through negotiation and compromise to ensure that the holistic needs of the organization are met. Brings knowledge of retail industry best practices and applies that information in discussing solutions that may address those needs. Provides visibility to existing technology standards and practices across retail IT solutions and infrastructures.
* Manages Store IT hardware inventory lifecycle management that includes hardware staging and installation procedures. Hardware components include:
* POS Register, POS Scanners, Payment Terminal
Network routers/switch and wireless Infrastructure
PBX and Handsets
PC, Laptop, Laser Printers, Markdown devices
* Performs analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key vendors in the continual improvement of IT processes within the company. Takes a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new services, infrastructure functions and technologies.
* Conflict Management
* Customer Focus
* Motivating Others
* Written Communications
* Strategic Agility
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred; or at least 3 to 5 years of experience supporting vendor support services, processes, and capabilities in a large distributed retail environment
* Strong technical working knowledge and hands-on experience with retail POS equipment, PC's, mobile devices, mid-tier hardware, and operating systems; including knowledge of networks, and network concepts of a large geographically dispersed support organization
* A solid understanding of industry best practices in IT; specific demonstrated experience mapping vendor support services processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
* Demonstrated project management experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle complex issues, drive negotiations of solutions and to resolve conflicts
* Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI and TCO
* Technically competent; able to supervise IT infrastructure leads, administrators, consultants and external vendor resources
* Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience
* Professional Characteristics/Motivators:
* Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on challenging projects
* A high sense of responsibility - to our customers, our business partners, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one's own work; a willingness to "do what it takes" to support our company's systems - sometimes during non-standard work hours
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; outstanding listening skills
Build consensus around recommendations, gain alignment across all stakeholders
A professional presence
Outstanding work ethic; exhibits a "sense of urgency" relative to resolving issues
Team oriented, while able to work independently; self-motivated
The discipline and capability to learn new skills
Highly organized and detail oriented
* Working experience managing vendor contracts and services, within a retail store environment
* Working experience managing retail store IT hardware/software/infrastructure problem determination, break-fix and service delivery
* Experience with the POS applications and store back-office solutions
* Experience with key technologies such as servers, POS registers, network equipment, hand-held devices
* Travel may be required
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer
Requires sitting, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
* IT Supervisor I
* IT Supervisor II
* IT Analyst
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.