The Director of LP Business Intelligence is responsible for leading the LP Business Intelligence team and will have a spectrum of responsibilities from being a thought leader and thought partner for the LP and Store Operations Executive Leadership team to help answer big, strategic questions to driving curiosity with regular business reporting and ad-hoc analytics to track trends and understand what's driving them. This person will oversee LP's reporting and case management system and will bring key insights from various teams and metrics into compelling dashboards and insights tools. This person will play a critical role in creating the strategy and vision of what LP Business Intelligence is and will be and driving the development of innovative solutions to take Ross's industry leading results to the next level.
* Collaborate with various levels of leadership to create and execute the strategy and vision of what LP Business Intelligence is and will be. This includes acting as a thought-leader that drives the identification and development of innovative solutions to take Ross's industry leading results to the next level.
* Lead weekly and monthly reporting on business metrics that illuminate areas of focus for the organization. This includes using compelling dashboards and insights tools to identify and communicate key metrics, trends and areas of opportunity.
* Direct and oversee activities relating to Loss Prevention's Case Management system. This includes directing enhancements for data capture and reporting, coordinating with IT and/or vendors to implement modifications and leading support and guidance offered to users.
* Lead ad hoc and in depth analysis of data and metrics to reveal insightful and actionable trends, insights, exceptions, and root causes.
* Develop, motivate, coach and inspire LP Business Intelligence Managers and Analysts to engage, stretch and grow.
* Direct and maintain coordination between Loss Prevention and IT on all tasks associated with IT-supported reports including requirements, design, upgrades and maintenance issues.
* Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with business partners to understand issues, research findings, discover opportunities, and develop recommendations.
* Develop and maintain external relationships (i.e. vendors, industry partners etc.) to enhance current programs/technology and develop new business solutions.
* Strategic Agility
* Problem Solving
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Developing Direct Reports & Others
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Priority Setting
* Drive for Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar analytic field of study
* 8 years of management experience focused on strategy, analytics and project management of reporting/analytical systems required. Proficiency building and setting up business intelligence and data management processes, dashboards, tools, architectures and data tables is strongly preferred.
* Experience with ServiceNow preferred.
* Excellent analytical skills including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis with a demonstrated track record in analytical roles
* Skilled user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) and Microsoft Outlook programs
* Detail oriented, with a strong emphasis on accuracy
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently or on a team on projects of all sizes
* Demonstrated ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities
* Maintains confidentiality concerning all projects
* Excellent project management skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
LP Business Intelligence Manager
LP Business Intelligence Sr. Analyst
LP Business Intelligence Analyst
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.