This role is responsible for the implementation & configuration of master data management solutions to address business needs. This individual will help deliver technical initiatives as part of a multi-year master data management (MDM) program for supplier, product, location and organization domains.
* Help drive the delivery & configuration of the MDM solution in a hands-on manner (Web UI, business rule and workflow changes)
* Provide technical leadership and support for the Master Data Management (MDM) platform, including solution architecture, inbound/outbound data integration (ETL, maintenance/tuning of match rules and exceptions, data model changes, executing and monitoring incremental updates, and working with infrastructure and DBA teams to maintain multiple environments).
* Contribute to the design of conceptual, logical and physical Data modeling to support Enterprise Master Data Management system.
* Establish & refine monitoring and reporting capabilities for the new MDM platform. Improve configuration and release management.
* Engage with across IT and the business for cross-functional coordination of data inputs.
* Provide level 3 support for the MDM platform as needed.
* Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
* Strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
* Drive for Results
* Problem Solving
* Technical Competence/Expertise
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Customer Focus
* Conflict Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* At least 7 years of IT experience within a Fortune 500 or similar IT environment, retail experience strongly desired.
* At least 3 years implementing, leading & designing master data management solutions, with at least one completed full life cycle implementation - ideally in the product & supplier dimensions.
* Working experience with at least one major MDM platform such as Oracle, Informatica, Riversand or Stibo (preferred).
* Hands-on or equivalent experience with conceptualizing, designing and configuring MDM UI, workflows and rules for complex business processes preferably in retail domain.
* Experience working with business, data analysts and application support.
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to lead the design of enterprise canonical models.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Stibo multi-domain MDM Platform
* Fortune 500 Retailer experience
* Consulting experience preferred
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Experience with APIs, data services, application integration and middleware
* Hands-on experience with UNIX, SQL and Java script
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Occasional travel to our NYC office
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.