SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Project Specialist for our Anaheim, CA location.
Project Specialist is responsible for the technical success of the project output within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. The Project Specialist role specifically is technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with customer technical requirements in the field of AC and DC Power Conversion and protection. The Project Specialist will operate under the guidance of Project Engineers or will independently execute small technical engineering projects..
* Drive good development processes and engineering practices
* Project Management
* Support detailed technical WBS definition, cost, and technical schedule creation
* Manage day to day technical execution aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, communication. Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering.
* Support design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements (e.g., CONDR, SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, peer reviews)
* Support definition of technical development plans (e.g., HW Development Plan, SW Development Plan, Integration Test Plan)
* Support efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing.
* Support efforts for defect tracking and correction
* Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house).
* At least an associates degree in related Technical field.
* At least 10 years of related technical experience and/or training.
* At least 5 years of project, technical or program leadership.
* Specific experience in electronic power conversion equipment development preferred
* Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
* Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
* Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment.
* Outstanding written communication skills. Technical proposal management experience.
* Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
* Experience in leading integrated product teams.
* Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
* Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
The successful candidate will be based in the Electronic Systems business unit, in the Anaheim, CA area. A competitive market-based compensation package, commensurate with the responsibilities and experience requirements will be provided.
If you are excited about Saving Lives and Making the World A Safer Place to Live, Sharing our Values and Exceeding our Leadership Excellence Expectations, please introduce yourself by sending your resume to:
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.