Senior Algorithm Engineer I
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. We are searching for a Senior Algorithm Engineer I in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
As the Senior Algorithm Engineer I, you will develop radar signal processing algorithms that will be embedded in our software-defined radar systems. You will also be responsible for designing, building, and operating radar system simulations that will be used to predict the performance of the radar system in various environments. You will be part of the System Test team performing data collection and analysis at various field tests. We're looking for an individual who thrives in a small team, holding their own in a role that is responsible for radar algorithm development, simulation development, and system assessment.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Developing and running simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
* Analyzing data from data collection and design verification test efforts
* Present results during internal and external program meetings
* Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of modeling and simulation activities
* Develop, track, and present technical metrics
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must have an existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update as well as the ability to obtain any additional clearances as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics is required; Advanced degree is preferred
* A minimum of 7-10 years' experience in signal processing experience
* Experience with signal processing algorithms
* Simulation design and development experience
* The ability to lead a small team of algorithm engineers is required, as is the capability to manage a program's algorithm engineering effort
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent math skills
* Proficient with MATLAB or C/C
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
* Radar signal processing algorithm experience. Signal processing algorithm experience.
* Project planning and tracking, cost account management, Microsoft project.
* Capability in managing a small program's algorithm engineering effort
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.