Principal Software Engineer(Application)
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
Principal Software Engineer is responsible for requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and integration of application software.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Design, document, and develop software for systems in accordance with the Software Development Process and coding standards and guidelines.
* Participate in design efforts including software architecture, requirements development, and software design/code reviews.
* Participate in Integration efforts/Bug fixes
* Present designs in internal and external program meetings
* Analyze and assist in the development of requirements flowed down by Systems Engineering to develop software architecture and software design.
* Provide input to project schedule, financial and technical goals as assigned
* Monitor program TPM's, including timing, sizing, and throughput requirements
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Participate in proposal activities, both cost and technical
* Provide leadership to a team of developers, including tasking assignments, monitoring and mentoring
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain and maintain active DoD clearance. Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering,Computer Science related field with required years of software experience preferred
* A minimum of 12 years of experience as a Software Engineer
* Experience developing software in/for Linux
* Experience interfacing with test equipment
* Experience with Version Control Tools
* Experience with software bug/issue tracking
* Experience designing technical software solutions, and integration experience
* Fluent in C/C
* API Design
* Requirements Derivation and Definition
* Control Sequencing/Timing of multiple systems
* Unit Testing
* Design, development, and/or testing of software for complex systems
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Schedule Management
* Resource Estimation
* Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 25lbs.
* Existing DoD Clearance
* Radar Knowledge
* Git knowledge
* Defense experience
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.