"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is looking for an ISSO Specialist to provide onsite support in Washington, DC.
* Contractor ISSO assisting as a specialist to assist the Government ISSOs in their day-to-day operations.
* Complete and close Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) both vulnerability related POA&Ms and policy/procedure based POA&Ms.
* Assist in the developing of security documentation including System Security Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans, Contingency Plans, Incident Response Plans, System Inventory documentation etc.
* Provides expert advice on a wide range of technologies and platforms
* Assists in the Security Control Assessment (SCA) process for the Information Systems and Government ISSOs.
* Assist the Government ISSOs in responding to audit requests for their Information Systems from FISMA, OIG, GAO and FISCAM.
* Performs continuous monitoring activities including reviewing scan results on a monthly basis and assist in remediation efforts.
* Performs technical risk assessments for planned system changes or when security vulnerabilities are uncovered or suspected
* Conducts and reviews vulnerability scans (Nessus, Web Inspect, Qualys and Splunk), ensuring recommendations to senior leadership are provided and followed up on.
* Pro-actively monitors CERT and similar organizations for potential vulnerabilities that could impact assigned systems and develop mitigation plans
* Works closely with cross-functional teams to help resolve system issues
* Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or 2 years' experience in lieu of degree plus one (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Cybersecurity Certifications are a plus.
* 2 year experience supporting security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* Extensive experience developing A&A packages, FISMA, FedRAMP and NIST
* Superior written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to mentor and lead staff.
* Take ownership of system security and meeting deadlines
* Guide engineers, analysts and managers on related programs
* Experience with Nessus, HP Web Inspect, Qualys and Splunk
* Strong technical background with the following:
o Windows systems
o Cloud systems
o Linux systems
o Financial systems
o Enterprise systems
* Working knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) requirements.
* Working knowledge of general purpose vulnerability scanners (e.g., QualysGuard, Nessus)
Familiarity with NIST Special Publications (e.g., 800-53, 800-37)
* CISA certification is a plus
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.