"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
We deliver an integrated approach to IT network engineering design and network management, as well as full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement support, and software/hardware vendor management. Our network engineers, controllers, and technicians are trained in multiple disciplines to successfully maintain legacy systems as well as insert the latest technologies for voice, data, and video networks in fast-paced, mission-critical environments. Our cybersecurity experts conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks, and our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients. Our software engineers are writing and tailoring code to solve hard problems across Federal Agencies, and our Data Scientists and Analysts are helping thwart illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
We are thriving - growing by nearly 100% in the last two years - and need your talent and motivation to help continue propelling us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a Front End Developer in Washington D.C. Duties will include:
* Work closely with other engineers and user interface designers to identify efficient and creative solutions
* Create custom, general use modules and components to extend the core elements of Angular
* Ensure design consistency with open development standards and guidelines
* Source control with Git/GitLab, TFS/Visual Studio
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Work with business analysts, user experience developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
* Working knowledge of DevOps including Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience.
* Experience with Angular, CSS, HTML5, Node.js, JSON
* Familiar with Backend services, jQuery, HTTP, REST/SOAP, XML
* Familiar with Datastores - MongoDB, HDFS, S3, MSSQL, Accumulo
* Working knowledge with IDE's - Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio
* Configuration Management and CI Tools - Maven, Jenkins, Ansible
* Working knowledge with public keys and digital certificates
* Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop Big Data and cross domain data services
* Familiar with Linux/Unix server environments
* Experience with automated testing patterns and tools
* Preferred Qualifications:
* AWS Architect Certification
* Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.