The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a Senior Telecommunication / Network Designer for either our San Francisco or Sacramento office. At Jacobs our Telecommunications Designers get the chance to work on a large variety of projects and get to pick and choose which areas to focus on. You're never stuck doing the same thing. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. May work on several concurrent projects and at times may assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
* Provide technical design of systems for building projects including security, fire alarm, voice, data, audio/visual, and other low voltage systems
* Responsibilities include preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, reports, conduct site visits, review technical documents, and customer contact
* Will be responsible to complete project assignments with minimal supervision as well as give directions to support staff to complete a project
* RCDD certification
* At least 10 years' experience actively designing low voltage and communication systems for buildings
* HS Diploma, or equivalent
* Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards
* Experience with Revit, Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD or Microstation
* Proficiency in communicating technical information to engineering and related staff as well as presentation skills to customers
* Advanced technical education or coursework
* Working towards professional engineering registration
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Key words: OSP, AV, BICSI, WD, DCDC, VOIP, WAP, ICT, fiber optic, MDF, IDF, cable tray, telecom, low-voltage
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.