Microsoft works with the world's best researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere.
Microsoft provides a nurturing environment to support passionate researchers and engineers in AI technology innovation. We are seeking candidates excelling in deep thinking research aspects and fast-paced entrepreneurial execution. The ideal candidates should have strong ability to work with researchers and product team colleagues at Microsoft to push forward research agendas, being a team player in a collaborative and supportive environment with outstanding programming skills.
We are seeking candidates with stellar research skills and technical backgrounds. Applicants should demonstrate depth of knowledge in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence) as well as strong academia experience in data processing, experimentation and modeling.
* Currently pursuing a PhD degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related technical field.
* Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including: C/C++, Java, MATLAB or Python ideally languages such as pyTorch, Tensorflow and other deep learning toolkits.
* Experience (classroom or work related) in one or more areas of computer science, such as Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Privacy, Trust & Safety, Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Distributed Systems, Human Computer Interaction, Networking, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
* Experience in leveraging and augmenting machine learning code base and libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
* Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers (being listed as author) at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc
* Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a research/productization plan and work well as part of a team.
* Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
* Returning to the degree program after the completion of the internship.
* Relevant work experience, including industry experience or as a Researcher in a lab.
* Publication Record
* Ability to design and execute on a research agenda.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Analyze and improve performance of advanced algorithms on large-scale datasets and cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications.
* Implement prototypes of scalable systems in AI applications.
* Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level.
* Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.