Every once in a while a job comes along with an opportunity to make a very direct contribution to what keeps Microsoft's stock price rising: monetizing the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge into billions of dollars in revenue. Have you been waiting for this kind of opportunity? If so, this may be the job for you.
We deliver the backbone of Microsoft's ability to financially transact with customers. We process massive amounts of financial data every single day, and bring to bear machine learning and business analytics to guide business model evolution and financial accuracy. We passionately believe that empowering every person on the planet to achieve more starts right here with our own team members. We have the ability to unlock new growth in Azure, Office, Windows, and Xbox. We want you to bring your passion, drive and skills, and we'll partner with you to unleash your potential for high business impact and career growth.
As part of the Cloud+AI Commerce and Ecosystems team, the Billing and Financials Group (BFG) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with deep experience in building cloud services capable of massive scale and high reliability.
This role has a phenomenal mix of business and technical relevance and will positively impact how we sell and transact products across Microsoft:
* Commercial to consumer
* Digital and physical
* Subscription and transaction
* All channels and storefronts.
Does solving big problems using modern cloud technology to unlock massive business value sound interesting? If so, then please apply and let's talk. :)
* Experience building cloud-based distributed systems and services
* 7+ years of relevant experience in software engineering
* Mastery of one or more of C#, Java, or C++
* Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
* Azure web and services development
* Strong experience with modern database systems
* Familiarity with commerce is a plus
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will be expected to:
* Design, code, test, and deploy modern service components
* Collaborate with team members to develop resilient and flexible software architectures, capable of significant scale that tackle business needs
* Automate monitoring and reporting on critical systems
* Mentor junior members of the engineering team
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.