Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for a computer science/IT/IS major interested in joining our Partner Data Management (PDM) team. SiriusXM receives hundreds of thousands of transactions each day from the largest automakers and radio manufacturers in the world. These transactions support critical business functions such as marketing, customer care, finance and subscriber reporting. PDM is responsible for the oversight of that transaction processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in documenting systems and processes interactions within a functional scope.
* Work with team members to identify potential data anomalies.
* Assist in creating documentation associated with PDM data remediations and processes.
* Support the development of a SQL code repository.
* Pursuing Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, MIS, CIS or related technical discipline with an IT focus.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school at the time of applying and interning. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to work both independently and on a team.
* Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment.
* Exhibits strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and analytical/problem solving skills.
* Takes initiative to accomplish business objectives, seek new assignments, and request to learn more about the business.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Basic working knowledge of SQL and familiarity with DBMS concepts required.
* Working knowledge of Teradata SQL is a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.