Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate automotive/Telematics Quality and System Integration Manager in [hardware] and software engineering, responsible for successful day to day management of the integration leads and QA testers. This role will also interact directly with OEMs from system integration point of view.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate system integration activities as well as QA testing activities within software engineering but also with our OEMs. Asses and manage risks.
* Manage customer expectation. Prevent escalations by OEM, while providing quality software to the customer.
* Lead all OEM integration efforts of the following applications for all markets: enrollments, products, customer mgmt, customer portals, mobile applications, device provisioning, IoT, in-vehicle apps, and telematics services.
* Work closely with Project Manager and aim to ensure that the deliverables of the project are fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements.
* Review project plans, resource estimates, work effort, dependencies needed to achieve project goals, identifying risks and guiding mitigation plans, effectively engaging, communicating and collaborating.
* Define test strategies, identify and review test plans, test cases and testing results to ensure documents are updated efficiently and test reports are communicated to broader teams.
* Ensure that systems are tested to meet their intended purpose based on requirements and the architectural design.
* Develop testing strategies and estimation models to plan test schedules based on project scope or delivery dates.
* Identify and implement testing tools and infrastructure, managing tool upgrades and determining license needs and costs.
* Define manual and automated testing best practices, code standards, processes and procedures, including frameworks to standardize testing.
* Manage Proof of Concept activities for new technologies, infrastructure and processes.
* Report and define trends. Tracks quality assurance metrics such as QA team member velocity, total test case candidates, total test cases, failure/pass rates for program(s) to leadership and stakeholders.
* Provide succinct and accurate documentation of issues to the project stakeholders and leadership team.
* Ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
* Actively participate with program team, roadmap calls and other strategic sessions; ensuring the voice, recommendations and concerns of the test team is professionally and purposefully represented.
* Lead, guide and mentor test leads and testers.
* Build and foster a team environment. Asses the skills of our test leads and testers.
* Arrange workshops, training for the team and meetings. Actively and consistently support all phases of the testing effort required to execute projects.
* Provide direction and leadership, mentoring and technical guidance to test team members.
* Partner with management peers from the UAT, FE product test and SIT test organizations to ensure cohesive test coverage aligned to the performance test strategy for Charter.
* Help develop and implement cross training strategies for test leads, testers on not only their assigned programs but other programs in the software engineering organization.
* Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
* Recognize and communicate dependencies across multiple test teams that may support multiple programs.
* Will lead the system integration and QA teams.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field; Master's preferred.
* 5+ years of cumulative testing leadership as a manager and/or manager level.
* 10+ years of experience as a systems/testing engineer with experience in automotive, mobile, web, servers, and device testing.
Requirements and General Skills:
* A proven history of technical and organizational leadership.
* Experience in helping deliver multiple commercially deployed products to market.
* Experience bringing load tools into practice for use in the testing lifecycle.
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering/testing teams.
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of QA and Integration teams.
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both in writing and verbally.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Experience with interacting with external customers, technology partners and executive teams to establish strong working relationships.
* Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, test teams, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
* A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause.
* Ability to analyze testing new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future.
* Occasional regional travel to OEMs.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML and SQL technologies.
* Hands-on experience with reading logs, trouble shooting databases, and troubleshooting devices.
* Experience with leading teams testing Cloud/AWS services , GCP or Azure.
* Experience mobile testing technologies.
* Experience with DevOps best practices.
* Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with development engineers to help identify and resolve issues at all levels with techniques.
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
* Experienced with system integration and QA testing using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Expert in fundamentals in testing methodologies and continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of testing API and Web Services.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.