Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Automatic interns don't make coffee. They're hands-on, working on shipping projects and making valuable contributions to Automatic Labs and our parent company, SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the world of Automotive consumer products and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
This is a position on our Platform Team. On the Platform Team you will gain hands on experience working on an extensive microservices architecture. Working on our Platform will help you build experience on everything from fast paced data ingestion at high volume, to large scale data migrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, code, test and ship features for our backend microservices using a combination of Python/Django, Go and other languages and tools.
* Work with product, software engineering, program managers and other stakeholders to understand product features and scope out the development requirements to implement them
* Work with QA to implement test plans, build unit tests and push high quality product features out to our customer base
* Collaborate with our server, hardware and data teams to bring features that incorporate multiple functional pieces to market, including those that interact with vehicle's and the data the comes from our telematics platform
* The candidate should be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering or a similar technical pursuit.
* Experience related to software development, or otherwise working with computers or other electronic devices is desired.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Python experience a plus.
* Experience working with Django, Flask, Python or Ruby.
* Experience with UNIX system administration is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all Automatic/SiriusXM Internships are paid.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.