Integration & Risk Management Systems Engineer
Req #: 222244
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI is seeking a systems engineer, interface manager and risk manager representative to support the Program Executive Office (PEO) Unmanned and Small Combatants (USC) PMS 420 LCS Mission Package Program Office in Washington, DC.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Performs analysis and develop presentation materials for medium to high complexity issues.
* Work with senior leaders to identify their concerns , investigate status and future plans relative to the concern and make recommendations for actions the senior leaders may take.
* Work with technical and acquisition staff to better frame their plans, activities and their needs to communicate to the senior leaders on progress as well as where those senior leaders need to engage providing specific assistance to their staff.
* Interacts with client organization to recommend risk areas, develop mitigation plans, and assess effectiveness of risk management activities.
* Directs efforts of 1-2 junior and/or mid-level analysts to support risk management.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Desired bachelor's degree (Engineering or Naval Architecture are preferred), with required bachelor's degree in applicable disciplines. Equivalent experience may be considered
* A working knowledge of systems engineering, and Navy acquisition principles is a must.
* 1-4 years of Program Management, Engineering Management, Technical Management, Engineering or Technical work
* 1 year of team leadership experience desired
* Superior Organizational, communications, and writing skills
* Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate information from all Program departments including the shipyard, technical, testing, maintenance, post-delivery, finance, and acquisition is a discriminator.
* Experience in Naval Ship Construction management or Commercial Ship Construction management is highly valued but not required
More About the Role:
This position has three distinct areas of support for the PMS 420 LCS Mission Package Program Office: systems engineering, interface management and risk management coordination. The candidate will act as a liaison between Government senior leaders and their technical/acquisition organization relative to all aspects of systems engineering and interface management within the LCS Mission Packages and between the Mission Packages and the Seaframe. Recent past specific investigations involved cyber security accreditation, Diminishing Manufacturing Supply, and Model Based Systems Engineering. The successful candidate will gather information and report to senior leaders on plans, progress and recommendations relative to the senior leader's concerns. The candidate will also coordinate developing and reporting on program level risks including risk identification, assessment, mitigation planning, documentation, and monitoring. The successful candidate will be expected to evaluate possible Navy program risk topics and work with Government clients and contractors to assess the risk potential and develop adverse event and potential consequence statements along with mitigation plans. The successful candidate will report back to the Government client that either the potential risk area in fact does not present any risk or is very unlikely to occur.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.