Data Analyst Principal
Req #: 221434
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Consulting
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
The data analyst focuses of analysis and problem solving data challenges as they relate to types of data, and relationships among data elements within the platform
What You'll Get to Do:
* Cleanse, curate and standardize data with quality to support sustainable and scalable data interaction, analysis and insight development
* Understand, transform, and visualize large data sets from many sources using a variety of tools
* Implement enterprise data governance model and actively promotes the concept of data sharing, data reuse, data quality and data standards
* Perform any necessary data mapping, data lineage activities and document information flows
* Build the metadata model and business glossary by gathering information from multiple sources: business users, existing data sources, databases and other relevant documents and systems
* Serve as data subject matter expert and demonstrate an understanding of key data management principles and data use
* Model and communicate findings to make data analysis actionable and understandable by business partners
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a Public Trust.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related work experience. Masters degree preferred.
* Strong problem formulation, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner
* Change oriented, with the ability to actively generate process improvements, support and drive change, and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways
* Five plus years of experience working with big data-related projects, and data operations experience compiling data for analytics, working with data analysis methodologies and supporting tools
* Three plus years of experience in data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic)
* Two plus years of experience in Big Data, NoSQL technologies
* Knowledge of command line experience with loading and manipulating files within HDFS
* Experience with data transfer and ingestion technologies
* Knowledge of data management standards, data governance practices and data quality
* Minimum of ten years of experience working with data; including running queries and compiling data for analytics
* Experience in data design, data architecture or data modeling (both transactional and analytic)
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.