Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Integration Engineering - Market Data Support, Assistant Vice President
As a member of the Market Data engineering team, the position will be responsible for the engineering and ongoing support of back-end systems for internal end-users including portfolio managers, research analysts and other investment professionals.
* Providing 24 x 7 technical direction and support for Market Data and Trading Floor applications used by the Bank. Liaise among Market Data Vendors, third-party trading applications vendors and users, technology infrastructure staff and management.
* Ability to effectively respond to requests for support on-demand is critical
* Superb communication, planning, organization and negotiating skills
* Demonstrated competency in crafting efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
* Hands-on knowledge of Reuters TREP and Bloomberg BPIPE
* Experience of underlying networking and server technologies
* Thorough understanding of the FX, Rates, and Credit businesses
* Familiarity with regulatory rules and policies such as Dodd-Frank
* Ability to prioritize quickly and think on your feet
* Strong organizational skills
* Enjoy working in a dynamic, high performing organization
* Customer service focused with a positive "can-do" attitude
* Responsible for maintaining and monitoring MDS infrastructure, including TREP, Feed Handler Suite, installing and implementing APIs for new Trading Floor applications when required.
* Works closely with Software Development teams in support of in-house Market Data applications
* Perform help desk functions related to issue resolutions on behalf end-users
* Research new technologies for use within the TIO technical infrastructure
* Ensure operating system security standards are implemented and carried out in accordance to security standards released by the CDS group
* Plan and implement major changes to Trading Floor applications and technologies, maintain and support local application and data servers
* Responsible for BCP exercises conducted by BCP management as well as live events
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in Information Technology related to the Trading floor technologies and Market Data delivery and services.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are critical along with the ability to collaborate with business units to resolve and guide them on their technology requirements and solutions.
* Hands-on technical knowledge of Trading floor technologies, Server & Desktop technologies and applications, network concepts, Security concepts & Architecture, operating systems including experience in and / or knowledge of Systems and delivery of market data and their utilization
* Skilled in creating user documentation
* Information Technology Certifications useful
* ITIL/COBIT certifications preferred
* An understanding of the latest Information Security policies
* Scripting is helpful
* BS in Computer, Engineering or Information Systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.