Infrastructure Team Lead (Systems Engineer / Admin)
Req #: 223430
Location: Alexandria, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: None
Work with a purpose! If you are motivated by the prospect of supporting the rapid development of technologies and services to support national defense efforts, then CACI has the perfect opportunity for you. Join CACI as an Infrastructure Team Lead on a key program within CACI's Business & IT Solutions sector, helping to enable systems for Department of Defense management personnel. Under this program, CACI provides IT development and maintenance support to DoD office-level systems, managing 50-60 active projects and 70+ applications at any given time. As part of the client's IT team, you will work closely with Senior Executives, Program and Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, System Architects, Software Developers, Requirements Analysts/Testers, IT Security personnel, Operations & Maintenance personnel, and the office's DoD customers.
We are looking for a motivated systems engineer who is knowledgeable about DoD cloud computing to guide this fast-paced Infrastructure team toward continued technical innovation, process excellence, and business success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Lead of our Infrastructure Team you will be performing a variety of hands-on IT tasks and management activities, including:
* Direct the tasks/activities of the Infrastucture team, delegating assignments to personnel with the appropriate technical skillset/knowledge
* As the team's subject matter expert, provide hands-on technical support as needed to develop solutions and complete assignments
* Collaborate with the Systems Architect to design and engineer solutions for the client's fully virtualized cloud-based server enclave, which hosts web applications, databases, containers, desktops, and supporting services
* Build, administer, and maintain systems within the server enclave
* Manage Active Directory, group policies, and DNS
* Collaborate with the Information Systems Security Manager to actively maintain a low-risk security posture via patching, ACAS scanning, applying STIGs, baseline hardening, firewall management, and anti-virus deployment
* Align the team to the program's efforts to implement a full DevSecOps culture and capabilities
* Collaborate with the Systems Architect, ISSM, and other leads to enable new cloud-based customer capabilities including Containers and Desktops as a Service
* Implement infrastructure automation and controls for system activities and advanced, dynamic network configurations
* Assist in the planning and migration of the environment's cloud infrastructure to a new cloud service provider
* Represent the Infrastructure team in project, program, and client-facing meetings, including briefings on technical issues and solutions
* Provide Infrastructure-related guidance to the program's other technical teams as needed
* Maintain program, client, vendor, and service-provider technical relationships
* Support the Program Management team when submitting reponses to data calls from the customer or CACI headquarters
* Support the generation of periodic reports to CACI headquarters (e.g., weekly, monthly, annually), and to the customer (e.g., monthly, quarterly)
* Ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret level clearance
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Baseline Certification within 6 months of hire
* Strong communication and documentation skills - ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to include high-quality technical documentation and diagrams
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic environment
* Applicable experience leading and guiding technical personnel in support of implementation and maintenance efforts similar in scope, scale and complexity level of this program
* Hands-on management experience executing/operating/maintaining (within DoD security requirements) the following:
* Linux (RedHat)
* Microsoft Windows
* Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
* e-Policy Orchestrator (ePO)
* DoD PKI-based Single Sign-On infrastructures
* Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol Daemon (HTTPD)
* Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) structures and protocols
* PowerShell-based reporting
* MicroSoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
* Splunk log data centralization
* Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML, SAML2)
The following skills/experience are not mandatory, but will be considered favorably:
* Experience working within the Defense industry
* Experience implementing and/or maintaining systems within a DoD cloud environment
* Experience migrating to and/or operating within a DevSecOps program
* In-depth knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
* Experience working with Docker Enterprise, containers, and related security toolsets
* Experience implementing and managing Remote Desktop Services
* Experience working with or implementing Software Defined Networking (SDN)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years related work experience.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.