Sr. Software Engineer, Lead (Bolling AFB, Washington DC)
Req #: 216270
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Are you ready to LEAD a team of developers? If yes, please consider this opportunity.
* ENHANCED PTO PROGRAM - 32 DAYS
Who we are and what you get to do:
CACI National and Cyber Solutions is looking for an experienced, innovative, and eager Sr. Software Engineer to help lead a team of developers employing modern, web-based software technologies for building secure, Agile, cloud-enabled applications for an Intelligence Community customer. Does this sound like you? You'll be an active contributor on a medium-sized development team that is actively transforming legacy business process with innovative, scalable, and high-performing solutions that are utilized by the IC.
More about your role:
* Write code and develop software -¦ you may work on multi-month effort leading to an accredited system or you may get to work on some quick-hit Firefox extensions
* Be a leader and mentor to junior members of the team
* Be creative while collaborating with users to help them automate simple to complex tasks that they currently do by hand
* Develop, test, and deploy analytic applications, working with end-users to incorporate feedback into the development process
* Ingest and analyze structured and unstructured data into developed applications
* Help users Identify, collect, and organize end user requirements, forming a backlog and ensuring requested specifications and capabilities are accurately described and in sufficient detail
* Identify, research, and integrate leading edge technologies and tools as required
* Sustain and modify existing software applications
* Support software release activities by performing functional testing and preparing required documentation for accreditation
* Coordinate with government staff and their customers to validate, prioritize, and track progress of requirements completion
* Compile reports on performance/usage metrics, schedules, and application roadmaps
* Participate in technical exchange and senior-level working group meetings
You will bring these Education & Qualifications experiences:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or substantive training and experience in this area, as well as, have at least 7 years of experience in developing software applications
* Experience leading an Agile team
* Extensive Java development experience
* Experience with agile development methodologies and practices -" Scrum, user stories, backlogs, continuous integration, retrospectives, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills necessary to function within a team environment
* Position requires a current TS/SCI CI Poly
These are nice to have:
* Experience developing analytic applications for an IC organization (on a secured network)
* Interest in and knowledge of data science tools and techniques (R, Shiny)
* ENHANCED PTO PROGRAM - 32 DAYS
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington & Denver Post
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.