The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer Manager will be responsible for optimizing backup support services global data centers and tech rooms in addition to managing enterprise level legal holds in these environments.
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer Manager will be responsible for the optimization and management of backup support services in the global CTI data centers and tech rooms. Additional responsibilities include oversight and management of legal hold strategies in these environments. The manager will oversee that all regions are in line with the strategic direction of the company as it relates to backups and legal holds. Responsible for ensuring that standards policies reporting automation tools and procedures are implemented and optimized. The position will interface with various internal departments collaborate on solutions and prioritize projects. Candidate will also support ongoing preservation reporting process development and tracking needed for the multiple different disciplines and a high performance team of professionals dedicated to achieving the highest standard of backup services available in the industry.
Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on data protection and technical topics to corporate peers and management. Demonstrated ability ensure data confidentiality integrity and availability. Experience working with diverse technical teams on daily operational tasks related to backup and storage management. Experience evaluating refining and improving the resiliency of backup back-end storage devices and software.
Ability to manage large complex environments. Organizational strength across multiple disciplines risk management data privacy backgrounds familiarity with global technology and operational teams for end-to-end process management. Experience creating and disseminating standards documentation and best practices as well as refining these based on experience and new findings.
* Subject matter expert on enterprise application containerization strategy on premise and subsequent public cloud migration * Assume responsibility for end-to-end technology implementation and reliability of very large-scale mission critical container scheduling platforms running thousands of applications. * Design resilient & cost effective cloud migration & cloud usage strategies * Develop, configure and administer DevOps and IT automation solutions. * Understand and remediate complex issues and topologies of large enterprises * Evaluation and integration of IT systems and development tools, and replace where needed. * Identify and address system performance bottlenecks in high availability environments. Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers * Document best practices and create development resources that can be used by other developers * Build reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale of adoption * Evangelize best practice DevOps and Agile within the broader organization * Provide technical support to IT ops around automation solution usage * Integrate software tool-chain into a Continuous Integration environment.
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
* Partner with business leaders, developers, engineers, and production support teams to provide design guidelines and impact knowledge on technical trends * Improve client satisfaction by identifying and supporting process improvement and automation initiatives while ensuring compliance of solutions to operations roadmap * Apply comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives and act as the technical point of contact for the team * Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team * Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
* Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans. * Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions. * Risk Management: Leads work and information within a strategic framework. Aligns efforts considering individual, functional, CTI and Citi strategies. Collaborates with partners and users to gain insights. Advises others on policy matters. * Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending re-engineering improvements. * Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed. * Managing Innovation: Draws upon multiple and diverse sources (individuals, disciplines, knowledge sources) for ideas and inspiration. Thinks expansively, combining ideas in new ways or makes connections between disparate ideas. Targets relevant areas for innovation and develops solutions that address significant work issues. * Stakeholder Management: Understands diverse partner needs and tailors team deliverables accordingly. Removes barriers, and focuses team efforts on delivering quality, enabling our customers. Is a role model to others. * Acts as a liaison between and across the partner network. Takes the initiative to share and influence partner expectations.
Container & Container Orchestration
* Knowledge of and experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and container technologies like OCI, Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes * Experience in installing configuring & troubleshooting OpenShift/Kubernetes clusters * Experience in building and deploying Kubernetes-based container applications at scale * Expertise in Kubernetes ecosystem tools like, Prometheus, Istio , Jaegr, Rook, Envoy, Fluentd, etcd , Helm etc.
Expertise with topics such as:
* Linux file systems * Image distribution * Content storage and management * Kernel and container security * Linux containerization * Namespaces and CGroups
* Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) * Experience architecting entire cloud environments including account structure and network controls such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), subnets, and security groups * Expertise in designing Hybrid cloud solutions using managed and on premise Kubernetes * Hands-on experience in Azure services- Azure Blob storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DB, Azure DW, Power BI Azure Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics * Strong AWS knowledge across concepts such as GuardDuty, SecurityHub, Inspector, Macie, CloudTrails, CloudWatch, CloudWatch Events, AWS Config, IAM, Secrets Manager, KMS/Secrets Manager, Lambda, Code Pipeline, CloudFormation * Experience with Google Cloud Services such as Streaming + Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Data Proc , DFunc, Big Query & Big Table * Preferred certification in GCP/Azure/AWS
Enterprise integration & CI/CD
* Expert level understanding and implementation of RESTful APIs. Should have good understanding of IBM APIConnect or Kong * Experience working with SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory and network protocol * Familiarity with Jenkins & Enterprise pipelines
Automation & Enterprise Tools
* Administration and support of JFrog Artifactory * Expert level knowledge in at least two Chef, Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack * Familiarity in implementing IAC using Terraform * Good understanding of Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Atlassian developer tools * Experience in Hashicorp consul & Vault
Linux & Windows System administration
* Cluster experience with Red Hat, Veritas Volume Manager * Working knowledge of AD authentication and PowerBroker * Experience configuring IMM, ILO, IDRAC, BIOS, RAID arrays on IBM, HP, Dell server hardware. * Experience with PXE boot configuration and troubleshooting network connectivity issue around VLANs, Subnets, and firewall. * Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in a virtualization environments * Linux/Unix knowledge and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc) * Experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP) * Knowledge of Load Balancers software and hardware (Netscaler, F5, HAproxy, nginx, etc). * Preferred certifications: VMWare VCP, Citrix XenApp/Desktop (CCEE, CCA, CCIA, CCAA), Microsoft MCSE, Industry (A+, Network+). * Experience with Privileged Access management and multi-factor authentication. * Experience administering Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x
Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.