JP Morgan Chase
Infrastructure Developer - Site Reliability
Req #: 190010540
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you will dive right into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to develop and deploy large scale infrastructure solutions that supports JPMC's diverse and critical businesses. You will be using the latest technologies, data management and security practices in all aspect of software development. Critical thinking, clear communication and collaboration are key to success product delivery.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer responsible for the development and implementation of processes necessary to improve application / system reliability along with operational support. The position would comprise of approximately equal focus on both software development and Infrastructure operation disciplines. This position will also develop software to automate operational processes along with coding for the shared engineering backlog deliverables.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
* Good working knowledge of Cloud Engineering, understanding of private cloud principles and exposure to public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, GCP or similar technology is preferred
* Understanding of virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* 4+ years of incident resolution experience in an large scale operations environment
* 3+ years of experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter
* Experience with Configuration Management tool like Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Powershell
* 4+ years of software development experience in building enterprise software with one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, PowerShell, C, C++
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Hands on experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Windows Server environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* BS/BA degree or equivalent hands on experience
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.