JP Morgan Chase
Core Java Software Engineer - Payments Technology
Req #: 190010143
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The opening for a Core Java Software Engineer is a technical position within the Strategic Global Payments program. You will be accountable for the delivery of high quality software to build out a global data management framework for the Treasury Services business. This will be very a high capacity solution servicing the global business and across multiple regulators. Working in partnership with the design authority, AD Lead and project management team as required. There is implicit accountability for the quality and delivery of the software. The role will require a proven background in development, data management and SDLC. This will be a hands-on technical role.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Extensive experience in server-side Core Java development
* Ability to work with a global team to design and build software solutions and highly available systems for the Global Payment Strategy data platform
* Experience in Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices architecture, Kafka, Cassandra (Gemfire Caching experience is a plus)
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
If you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.