JP Morgan Chase
Global Technology Lead Architect
Req #: 190020321
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
Drive the strategic architecture and engineering for the quality and testing domains within the Global Technology SDLC Tool Chain. Deliver custom-built and vendor-based solutions along with technology enablers that position the business units to produce the highest quality software and the most efficient development teams possible. Gain trust through hands-on experiences and become a respected technologist and change agent creating an environment of continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, and developing a compelling case for change.
Candidates must demonstrate a proven history of building large scale technology solutions that effectively address the business objectives of a complex organization. Must also possess deep expertise in Agile and DevOps practices along with been there / done that experience in managing CI/CD pipelines. Ensures that business strategy along with market & technology trends is effectively represented in the organization's systems and business processes. Defines the target state architecture, analyzes the current state, establishes roadmaps and governs the project portfolio to realize the target state.
This individual must possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to reach senior business management as well as technical audiences. Must be able to influence project direction and make pragmatic decisions to optimize the balance between strategic value, time to market, cost and risk. Maximize leverage by identifying shared services, overlapping capabilities and convergence to standards in order to improve efficiency and quality, and reduce time to value.
The preferred candidate will have a broad background in application development and architecture, be able to work independently to solve complex problems, and still be technical yet possess the soft skills work with a variety of partners.
Design Authority for one or more SDLC tools / applications
Elevating or creating reusable components through hands-on tangible deliveries of code and technology primers rather than PowerPoint
Collaboration with architects and SMEs to deliver quality tooling to our consumers
Create clear documentation and guidance on well implemented architectures (paved ways) across the firm promoting best practice and reuse in quality improvement
Active participation in driving a seamless Engineering Experience while promoting standardization across the enterprise
Ensure that IT/architecture in both, its vision and more importantly its implementation, delivers IT enablement of business capabilities
Align architectures/initiatives with industry standards and trends
Make architectural thinking an integral part of any project delivery
Rationalize the applications associated with quality domains into focused and efficient capability-oriented system
* 10+ years of leading large project deliveries, hands-on and practical in nature.
* 7+ years architectural experience in a software development environment.
* Proven track record of driving Engineering Experience through automation
* Deep knowledge of Agile / DevOps principles and practices with the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization.
* Ideally experienced with Testing & Scanning tools, Test Frameworks, Test Data Management, Test Case Management, and/or Quality Analytics.
* Experienced with building cloud-native applications using public and/or private clouds
* Highly skilled in one or more programming languages, i.e. Java, .Net, JS, and/or Python
* Someone who understands the value of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS and has proven implementations to show this
* Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in adoption and improvement of common frameworks
* Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate a message clearly
* Strong leadership/relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
* Coaching, training or consulting skills and experience a plus.
* Experience leading organizational change management a plus.
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.